There is a great difference between making airplanes … and building airplanes that make a difference! With the Vision, the advantages are apparent! Our Vision can be your Vision. In April, 2011, we at World Aircraft Company set out to create the ultimate Short Takeoff and Landing (STOL) aircraft. We made a list of the features we wanted in the aircraft to give maximium benefits to our customers.
- GREAT VISIBILITY in all quadrants, with particular emphasis on forward and down views
- EASILY ADJUSTABLE SEATS, with enough leg and head room to accommodate pilots as tall as 6’8” and as short as 5’2”. The seats adjust forward and aft up to 7.25”
- OVERLY LARGE DOORS for easy entry and exit, with folding control sticks
- FULL ELEVATOR CONTROL AT STEEP ANGLES OF ATTACK, particularly in landing configuration, at low speed, for easy landings
- The elevator trim had to be capable not only of holding the nose up with flaps fully deployed without back stick pressure, but also of CLIMBING AWAY WITH FULL FLAPS by trimming the nose up
- ELECTRIC RUDDER TRIM which could be set to compensate for very aggressive takeoffs
- SUPER STRONG LANDING GEAR with an adjustable shock absorber on the nose strut that would soak up rough terrain
- ROOMY ENGINE COMPARTMENT for ease of access and service
- STOL CAPABILITIES WITH EXCELLENT CRUISE SPEED
- GOOD LOOKS! We don’t believe an aircraft has to be ugly to be STOL
Fortunately, we had a great airframe to give us a head start in the design of the Vision — The Spirit. Without tooting our horn too much, let us introduce you to an airplane that meets all the above criteria with well planned benefits for the pilot. As it’s like flying in a bubble, we call it “Vision”.
Vision Take-off and Landing
Sun N Fun video interview of Vision
by Dan Johnson.
Camera by Dave Loveman.
View a video of Vision at Rocky Mountian LSA
Expo by Dave Loveman.
|Cabin Width||48.5 in|
|Seat Adjustment||7.25 in|
|Wing Span||31.4 ft|
|Wing Chord||50.5 in|
|Wing Area||131.86 sf|
|Fuselage Length||22.4 ft|
|Fuel Capacity||28 US gal|
|US Gross Weight||1,320 lb *|
|Empty Weight||728 lb|
|Useful Load||592 lb|
* Design Gross Weight is 1,653 lbs – Europe, other areas Vision Performance – with Rotax 912ULS 100 hp Engine:
|Cruise 75% Power (without wheel pants)||110 mph|
|Max Cruise||125 mph|
|Stall with flaps||27 mph|
|Stall no flaps||35 mph|
|Landing Distance||130 ft|
|Takeoff Distance||150 ft|
|Range – no reserve||625 miles|
The above figures are general in nature and are dependent upon installed equipment.